Perform transactional and analytical accounts payable processing and clerical functions.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process three-way P.O. matching invoices and non-P.O. invoices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills and expense reports
- Manage the 1099 annual filing
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy
- Execute internal controls to ensure adherence to the expense policy and maintain the compliant control environment
- Respond to all vendor inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Identify areas for process improvement and make recommendations on changes
- Maintain strict adherence to deadlines
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Attends work on a regular and dependable basis.
Must possess 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience. Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree or college classes in accounting is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills are essential. Must possess knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software; past ERP experience a plus.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Any interested and qualified applicants can submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.