The Garland Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance roofing and flooring solutions for commercial and industrial use, is currently seeking a Laboratory Specialist/Project Manager at their Centrally Located Cleveland facility. This individual will assist with the fast paced Research and Development and Product Management teams. The dynamic roll will also encompass quality control testing and documentation, environmental health and safety documentation, new product development, production trials and sales force requests. This position will require excellent organizational skills, the willingness to work as an active team member, plus the drive and creativity to contribute to this rapidly growing company.
- Assist Research and Development team with new product development and alternative raw material supplier evaluations.
- Assist and lead Garland’s environmental health and safety program documentation requirements.
- Assists and lead Garland’s quality control program, including raw material and finished goods testing.
- Assists and monitors manufacturing of pilot/experimental batches and/or formulation adjustments
- Testing and quality control of raw materials and finished goods according to ISO and/or ASTM procedures.
- Assist with ISO program requirements calibration and documentation requirements.
- Record keeping and reporting of all test results.
- Practice good laboratory techniques in all laboratory operations.
Any interested and qualified applicants can submit a resume to email@example.com.
- College degree required in science related field preferred environmental sciences.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of statistical process control.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Math skills and computer skills required. Experience with MRP system preferred
- Ability to manager multiple priorities, effective Team Player, self motivated, quick learner
- Appetite for Ownership of the Quality Process, a desire to expand and grow Corporate Quality