Compiles, enters and prepares employee time and payroll data into payroll software to be processed for several different companies according to various payroll processing schedules. Provides administrative support to the entire Human Resources Department as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this position and its essential functions.
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
- Responsible for computing and keying various employees' hours worked; other earnings and/or commissions earned for each specific company as needed and transferring of said payroll data to payroll software for processing.
- Manage administration of various electronic time clocks (E-time software) as well as the review of downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform 401(k) deduction upload as required per Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor regulations.
- Develop and maintain accurate payroll records in multiple systems and databases and ensure that any required maintenance is entered correctly.
- Compile internal and external management reports from payroll software.
- Assist in month end, quarterly and year-end reporting and journal entries as assigned.
- Take an active approach towards gaining knowledge and understanding or payroll laws, procedures and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources and Payroll department.
- Creation of department correspondence as assigned.
- Facilitate handling of requests for information.
- General filing and scanning for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of payroll and payroll software experience is required. Experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll processing and HRIS functions is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Possess the ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information with discretion.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for a wide-range of responsibilities.
- Great communication skills, effective team player, and quick learner that can perform in a demanding atmosphere.
- Proficiency in Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience working with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Enthusiasm, patience and a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the staff, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate in climate weather, including excessive heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/construction chemicals and solvents.
Any interested and qualified applicants can submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.