Perform transactional and analytical accounts payable processing and clerical functions.
Core & Essential Functions
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process three-way P.O. matching invoices and non-P.O. invoices
- Process subcontractor invoices by proofing invoices to POs
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills and expense reports
- Collect waiver of liens
- Manage the 1099 annual filing
- Respond to all contractor inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy
- Identify areas for process improvement and make recommendations on changes
- Maintain strict adherence to deadlines
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Attends work on a regular and dependable basis
Must possess 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience. Experience in construction project accounting preferred. Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree or college classes in accounting is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills are essential. Must possess knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures. Must be extremely organized, self-directed, must possess an acute attention to detail and time management skills. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software; past ERP experience a plus.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at the corporate office located in Cleveland, Ohio. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour