Accounts Receivable Manager controls all activities in the accounts receivable function, for applicable subsidiaries, in a professional and knowledgeable manner. Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, keeping track of cash receipts and referring accounts to collection agencies. Being an Accounts Receivable Manager ensures accurate receivable records and verifies outstanding account balances. Creates financial reports relating to account receivable function and status of accounts. Additionally, Accounts Receivable Manager audits methods and procedures of accounts receivable function to improve efficiency.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure timely collection of monies due to the organization
- Work independently to integrate new processes and procedures, with the goal of standardization and consistency across the organization
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance in the AR collection and cash application process
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the Treasury department’s goals of improving cash flow and yield on working capital
- Improve the customer experience by developing a way to offer multiple payment options including accepting payments online
- Manage relationship with merchant processor which includes maintaining multiple production accounts and review of fees and surcharging
- Monitor DSO and AR aging reports and compare to industry benchmarks with monthly reporting to the Board of Directors
- Implement technology improvements necessary to gain efficiencies and proper controls around cash receipts and receivables management
- Prepare and reconcile all account receivable accounts and prepare weekly and monthly reports for the same
- Perform analysis on all collection activity and determine ways to downsize receivables and improve cash flow
- Assist in the completion of vendor forms and W9 requests from customers
- Negotiate with customers in non-payment situations
- Prepare and analyze industry financial data and trends in the financial market as it relates to Accounts Receivable
- Deliver a high touch customer service model to ensure satisfaction among internal and external customers
- Lead continuous improvement efforts as well as helping to redefine and document standard work with an emphasis on cross training as they pertain to accounts receivables
- Manage special projects
- Maintain confidentiality of and compliance with all company information in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, and company policies
- Participate in the annual audit process
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour