Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the metal product administration department.
Core & Essential Functions
- Review sales orders to ensure that the products ordered and the associated quantities meet the requirements of a project
- Communicate with the sales force regarding order status and delivery dates/li>
- Generate customer invoices to accurately bill for products and quantities shipped in a short time frame
- Work within the Metal Products Department to receive proper engineering review and sign-off prior to processing of sales orders
- Investigate ways to increase efficiency within the metal order cycle
- Provide administrative support to department
- Assist other staff with work overloads by completing typing, filing, or any other duties as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
Possession of at least a high school diploma or GED is required and a post-secondary degree is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must work effectively with divergent types of people. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Carry, push, pull, reach and lift up to 15 lbs. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment and office tools. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, caring for a parent, child, sibling, or spouse injured while in the armed service, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour