This position manages tight deadlines and provides a critical support role to the Credit Department. They are responsible for timely credit analysis & decisioning, credit file maintenance, credit line recommendations, collection of past due accounts, daily order release activities, reporting, and projects as assigned. They provide accounts receivable updates & reporting within required deadlines. They work directly with the Credit Manager, Credit team, and Sales Reps.
Core & Essential Functions
- Responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
- Responsible for the collection of accounts deemed to be delinquent and determining when these accounts should be referred to an outside agency or attorney for further collection efforts.
- Responsible for calling delinquent accounts
- Provide timely follow up calls or emails on all payment arrangements.
- Provide credit analysis on existing and new customers and communicate professionally on open items needed for credit approvals.
- Responsible for analyzing credit and financial reports to determine risk involved in potentially loaning or extended credit to customers, sales force, and/or contractors.
- Investigates and resolves matters of significance on behalf of management
- Other duties as assigned.
Must possess 2+ years of Collections & Credit analysis experience. Possession of at least a high school diploma and a college degree in accounting or finance is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, risk assessment skills, high attention to detail, credit analysis skills, resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills are essential. Must possess knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software; past ERP experience a plus.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at the facility. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, marital status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, citizenship, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated) or any other legally protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour