The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring environmental, health and safety programs and policies set by the Garland Company, Cleveland facility. This position involves very close liaison with, and support and coordination of, OSHA, EPA, and local, state, and federal guidelines and requirements.
- Be responsible for the safety programs for our Cleveland corporate office and manufacturing facility as well as subsidiary facilities as required
- Monitor and audit facility for program implementation, training, and record keeping relating to environmental compliance
- Maintains compliance with Federal, State and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the collection of data and prepare reports required at Federal, State, and local levels. Examples include SARA, SERC, OSHA, and Department of Homeland Security
- Create and maintain product SDS sheets and labels per industry requirements
- Maintain working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations pertaining to environmental, safety, and health issues
- Manage non-conforming product inventory and coordinate waste disposal program
- Assist Research and Development team with new product development and alternative raw material supplier evaluations
- Record keeping and reporting of all test results
- Practice good laboratory techniques in all laboratory operations
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour