National Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for qualifying, identifying and developing quality sales opportunities for the Garland organization. This integral teammate will drive market share by creating and delivering leads and sales strategies that build pipeline sales. This position will interact with clients of all levels and across a broad geographic area.
Core & Essential Functions
- Outbound prospecting to target the assigned market segment.
- Develop leads into prospects by understanding their challenges/needs and effectively communicating the Garland value.
- Qualify and identify prospect needs by leveraging key contacts within an organization.
- Identify high potential prospects and collaboratively work with the sales, marketing team and Garland leadership to develop lead generation strategies to generate lead opportunities with prospective customers.
- Initiates lead generation strategies that include inbound/outbound sales and marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Initiates and participates in new business presentations with the sales team and follow-through with the lead prospect.
- Assists in closing business by overcoming objections; providing a solution driven sales plans; creating value for the customers; finding key decision makers.
- Grows business by collaborating-supporting the sales representatives by adding new accounts; introducing new products to existing accounts; growing business for existing accounts; introducing products to additional locations of existing accounts.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Provides consistent, concise, accurate internal and external communications.
- Effectively communicate and present the product solution and value proposition to potential customers.
- Provides consistent, concise, accurate and timely weekly/monthly sales lead activity reports to management.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the industry staying educated on the new regulations, our product solutions change, innovations, and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must possess 3+ years of relevant sales experience. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software. Ability to manage and successfully work under tight time constraints. Must possess a valid state motor vehicle license and maintain an acceptable motor vehicle driving record. Must be able to travel when necessary.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at the corporate office located in Cleveland, Ohio. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, caring for a parent, child, sibling, or spouse injured while in the armed service, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour