The Graphic Designer is responsible for the leading-edge design, development and implementation of the promotional materials for all of Garland Industries’ companies.
Core & Essential Functions
- Responsible for providing new, innovative and creative ideas pertaining to graphic design from concept to implementation for electronic and traditional media.
- Support sales and marketing teams with novel design elements for materials including catalogs, flyers, trade show booth graphics, training materials, banners, signage, posters, sales sheets, total compensation presentation, etc.
- Design, develop and implement digital media elements including email communications, newsletters, and social media graphics.
- Provide strategy ideas for promotional materials for multiple outlets. Responsible for creating graphic layouts for assigned projects; may include sketches or suggestions for the layout with various designs, formats and color options.
- Stay current with trends, in design and new technologies and techniques for production, printing and pre-press production.
- Utilize workflow process and technology to ensure quality delivery of work product on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for the development of video and web design as needed.
- Communicate with sales force to help create custom pieces to meet their sales needs.
- Assist in photography of all company events and maintain library of photos for brochures, project highlights and public relations when appropriate.
- Support department with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Possession of a high school diploma and a four year college degree in graphic design or a related field is required. Possession of graphic design experience is required. Must have the ability to think creatively, multi-task, ability to work independently and also work cooperatively as a team member. Skills required in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) along with proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the willingness to learn other computer programs with both MACs and PCs. Must be very detailed oriented and possess strong time management skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and ability to create on a short deadline. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Comfortable with heights, being on building rooftops. Ability to climb stairs, ladders and roof hatch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including excessive heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour