The Marketing Content Writer is responsible for the ideation, creation and distribution of compelling content across multiple marketing platforms maintaining a cohesive brand voice for Garland Industries companies.
Core & Essential Functions
- Create content for a wide variety of marketing platforms including; brochures/slicks, website copy, video scripts, white papers, blog and social media content, and product/service introductions
- Assist team as needed in content creation of print and digital advertisements, email campaigns, sales presentations, reports and trade show signage
- Internal writing projects and communication
- Public relations content (ads, technical articles, product/service shorts)
- Create original content in support of lead generation, brand awareness and overall business and marketing goals
- Analyze marketing metrics and collaborate across departments in order to execute brand initiatives
- Complete research projects with diligence and thoroughness in a timely manner
- Maintain workload to meet deadlines by maintaining your schedule and working with manager for prioritization
- Generate persuasive, original, imaginative communications that are both analytically convincing and emotionally compelling
- Responsible for working with internal departments to develop new and unique content to improve presence
- Responsible for managing website content for the GI companies as well as creating and implementing SEO with strategic partners and web designer
- Support department on special projects as needed
- Ability to adhere to timelines and turnaround work within tight schedules
- Work with conference team to create and implement yearly sales event
- Travel as required
- Other duties as assigned
Possession of a high school diploma and a four-year college degree is required. Must have journalism or relevant work experience and strong writing portfolio. Must have the ability to think creatively and willingness to learn other software/cloud programs. MAC based platform. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite is required. Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Acrobat), Mail Chimp and Google Apps is preferred, but not required. Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and ability to create on a short deadline. Must possess excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to travel (passport will be needed). Need to be comfortable with heights; job may require climbing ladders/roof hatch/stairs and being on rooftops.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Comfortable with heights, being on building rooftops. Ability to climb stairs, ladders and roof hatch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including excessive heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour