The Product Manager will be responsible for assisting customers and sales representatives with all facets of their projects, as well manage the development, maintenance and training of the assigned product lines. The Product Manager must have effective communication skills and be able to troubleshoot, problem-solve, communicate and coordinate with salesmen, contractors, engineers, suppliers and architects on a daily basis. They must be knowledgeable and effectively communicate product details, capabilities, application techniques, approvals, delivery information and competitive information on assigned product lines.
Core & Essential Functions
- Manage and own the overall Product Development Process from the initial business case analysis all the way through the official introduction of the product or service.
- Manage product and product line performance throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Create and implement sales strategies based on product or system trend analysis
- Product Development – Work with R&D in the development and application of new and existing products
- Product Marketing – Works with marketing team to develop marketing and educational tools for new and existing products
- Product Management – Inventory management, packaging, product sales performance, product quality issue and thorough understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Presentations and Direct Sales – Willingness to assist sales personnel in making presentations to potential customers or interfacing with customers and competitors at trade shows or conferences
- Has authority to commit Garland on all customer-related issues, including making the appropriate resolutions when necessary
- Specifications and Details – This position will require a working knowledge of construction product specifications and detailing. Required to interpret construction drawings and guide drafting personnel through some generation of new drawings
- Technical Support – Provides consultation or expert advice to management, sales force, contractors and architects concerning the products, approvals, competitive information and roofing techniques
- Training – To assist in training the new and seasoned members of the sales force, as well as contractors.
- The ability to work without any monitoring or supervision
- Other duties as assigned
Experience in commercial construction; preferably in roofing and/or cladding, is preferred. Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree in engineering, building and construction or architectural degree is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers. Excellent communication and organizational skills. A working knowledge of AutoCad is preferable. The ability to learn new concepts/procedures quickly.
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications. Working Knowledge of ERP Systems and their use.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Must be able to carry, push, pull, reach and lift up to 50 lbs. of roofing material; climb ladders/ extension ladders, climb and traverse different roof levels; descend from higher roof levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, marital status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, citizenship, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated) or any other legally protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour