The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing building enclosure related engineering projects where he/she will work with and communicate between our sales team and architects, engineers, contractors, and owners. Management of these projects requires knowledge and communication of general design principles, building codes and approvals, roofing/building enclosure science, and product application techniques.
- Manage engineering projects which include Building Enclosure Evaluations and Condition Assessments.
- Technical Support – provides consultation or expert advice to customers, management, sales force, architects and owners concerning the products, approvals, competitive information and roofing techniques.
- Problem-solving- assist sales force, architects and owners in trouble-shooting or problem-solving. This may include visiting job sites for a visual inspection to make a proper assessment for a solution.
- Approvals – have a complete understanding of the Building Code and product approvals from which product and project design will be developed.
- Specifications and Details – This position will require a working knowledge of construction product specifications and detailing. Required to interpret construction drawings and guide drafting personnel through some generation of new drawings.
- Writes all aspects of technical proposals including cover letters, executive summaries, approach, resumes, project descriptions, and summary narratives to respond to Federal, State, and Local Government proposal requirements for engineering services.
- Proofreads and edits technical documents and proposals.
- Responsible for the management of all engineering related consulting contracts.
- Willingness to assist in making power point presentations to potential customers or interfacing with customers and competitors at trade shows or conferences.
- The ability to work without any monitoring or supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour