The Senior Product Manager for Waterproofing will be responsible for assisting customers and sales representatives with all facets of their projects, as well manage the development, maintenance and training of the assigned product lines. The Senior Product Manager for Waterproofing/Sealants must have effective communication skills and be able to troubleshoot, problem-solve, communicate and coordinate with salesmen, contractors, engineers and architects on a daily basis. They must be knowledgeable and effectively communicate product details, capabilities, application techniques, approvals, delivery information and competitive information on assigned product lines.
Core & Essential Functions
- Technical Support – Provides consultation or expert advice to management, sales force, contractors and architects concerning the products, approvals, competitive information and roofing techniques.
- Assist the sales force in trouble-shooting or problem-solving. This may include visiting job sites for project start-up assistance and/or visual inspection to make a proper assessment for a solution.
- Specifications and Details – This position will require a working knowledge of construction product specifications and detailing. Required to interpret construction drawings and guide drafting personnel through some generation of new drawings.
- Training – To assist in training the new and seasoned members of the sales force.
- Presentations and Direct Sales – Willingness to assist sales personnel in making power point presentations to potential customers or interfacing with customers and competitors at trade shows or conferences.
- The ability to work independently without any monitoring or supervision.
- Has authority to commit Garland on all customer-related issues, including making the appropriate resolutions when necessary.
- Product Marketing – Works with marketing team to develop marketing and educational tools for new and existing products.
- Product Management – Assists in inventory management, packaging, product quality issues, and product life-cycle management.
- Product Development- Work with R&D and vendors in the development and application of new and existing products
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience in commercial construction; preferably in roofing or waterproofing, is preferred. Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree in engineering, building and construction, natural or physical science or architectural degree is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers. Excellent communication and organizational skills. The ability to learn new concepts/procedures quickly.
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications. Working Knowledge of ERP Systems and their use.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including excessive heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Must be able to carry, push, pull, reach and lift up to 50 lbs. of roofing material; climb ladders/ extension ladders routinely; climb ladders while carrying packages or bags weighing approximately 30 lbs., climb and traverse different roof levels; descend from higher roof levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, caring for a parent, child, sibling, or spouse injured while in the armed service, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour