The Videographer/Video Editor is responsible for pre- and post-production video work for Garland Industries’ companies.
Core & Essential Functions
- Create, produce and edit high quality videos (footage, motion graphics, narration, music), audio, and photography for marketing initiatives, company events and social media
- Responsible for lighting and shooting a diverse range of high-quality video content; maintaining video, lighting, and audio equipment; and naming, transferring, and storing media
- Determine equipment necessary for each job including cameras, audio and video recorders, microphones and props
- Assist in developing studio schedules and project timelines that enable productive and efficient implementation of audio recording, video/photo shoots including any set builds, shoot time, post-work and approvals
- Participate in the implementation and execution of audio, video and photo projects, fostering collaboration and partnership through-out the process with other departments and GI companies
- Independently troubleshoot solutions should a video project fall off plan, demonstrating a solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Ensure that all marketing materials reflect the Company’s brand character and that it meets established brand standards
- Assist in photography at job sites and some company events
- Work with minimal supervision and ability to create on a short deadline
- Participate in the on-going improvement of processes to improve marketing productivity
- Collaborate with marketing team for advertising, branding videos and product development concepts
- Work with conference team to create and implement yearly sales event
- Travel as required
- Other duties as assigned
Possession of a high school diploma, a four-year college degree in VCT or a related field and 1 to 3 years of work experience in video editing required. Need to be comfortable with heights, job does require climbing ladders/roof hatch/stairs and being on rooftops. Skills required in Adobe Creative Cloud include Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Audition. Knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat along with proficiency in Microsoft Office a plus. MAC based platform. Ability to travel by driving and/or flying (passport will be needed). Must have the ability to think creatively, multi-task, work independently and also cooperatively as a team member. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Comfortable with heights, being on building rooftops. Ability to climb stairs, ladders and roof hatch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including excessive heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour