The Warranty Program Manager is responsible for developing, managing and operating the warranty program for the company. This will include the review and issuance of new warranties, as well as addressing and resolving customer warranty repairs as needed. The position will also provide in-field consultation and assistance to salespeople, roofing contractors, general contractors, project managers and other design professionals regarding “problem” jobs, product application and other technical investigations.
Core & Essential Functions
- Develops and maintains a proactive approach to the company warranty program
- Manages all aspects of the warranty repair request process (adjustments)
- Assists in the review and issuance of new roof system warranties
- Responsible for the information gathering, scope of work development for roof system repairs, and proposed resolution of any warranty related issue
- Will be required to verbally, or in written form, report a proposed resolution of an adjustment to corporate leadership and the Board of Directors
- Assist the sales force in trouble-shooting and creative problem-solving. This may include visiting job sites throughout the United States and Canada for a visual inspection to make a proper assessment for a solution
- Technical Support – Provides consultation or expert advice primarily via phone and/or e-mail to our sales force concerning products, approvals, competitive information and roofing techniques
- Training – To assist in training the new and seasoned members of the sales force as needed, as well as train contractors on application techniques and the warranty program
- Keeps abreast of technical issues, market conditions and competitive activities through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with technical service areas including Corporate technical services managers, product management and engineering teams
- Assist in the efforts of the Technical Services Team
- Assist in the maintenance of the technical literature
- The ability to work without any monitoring or supervision
- Other duties as assigned
Must possess extensive experience with roofing, waterproofing and general commercial construction practices. Must be able to provide prompt service for all requests and be flexible with their time as availability at times may be needed outside of standard working hours. Experience in commercial construction, preferably in roofing and/or cladding, is preferred. Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for our sales force. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications. Must have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a driver’s license are required. Overnight domestic and international travel required.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at the facility. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/construction chemicals and solvents.
Must be able to carry, push, pull, reach and lift up to 50 lbs. of roofing material routinely; climb ladders/extension ladders routinely; climb ladders while carrying packages or bags weighing approximately 30 lbs., climb and traverse different roof levels. Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally by various means including but not limited to airplane, motor vehicle, train, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, marital status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, citizenship, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated) or any other legally protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour