The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for the creation, delivery, and governance of useful, usable content to support marketing plans and business objectives. The Content Marketing Specialist must identify and retain target audiences to boost customer retention and engagement.
Core & Essential Functions
- Participate in the development and tactical execution of content marketing initiatives which drive traffic, engagement, and leads to deliver sales and customer retention.
- Develop content strategies to effectively reach the desired target audience and marketing goals.
- Research content and consumer trends to ensure that content is relevant and appealing.
- Be a subject matter expert in the areas of content trends, consumer preferences, and advancements in technology.
- Manage branded social media handles on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms as needed.
- Create posts, monitor engagement, and report results, to implement improvement strategy from insights gained from analytics.
- Create original, high-impact email content in support of lead generation, brand awareness and overall business and marketing goals using Hubspot.
- Populate and maintain fresh, keyword-optimized content in brand web sites.
- Manage digital analytics dashboard and provide recommendations to improve results.
- Create press releases for new products, project case studies, and other newsworthy initiatives.
- Work with sales representatives to create project case studies, interviewing sales, customers, architects, and/or contractors as needed.
- Maintain press contact list.
- Create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for sales and leadership teams to present business strategies and new products.
- Provide proofreading and editing support for written content generated by technical and product management teams.
- Create sales tools by writing, editing, and updating marketing material, and implement updates in design software using design layout templates.
- Project management by syndicating completed pieces to various digital channels and managing version control.
- Continually audit and update web and collateral content as product or company information changes.
- Support department on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Possession of a high school diploma is required and a four year college degree is preferred. Possession of 2-4 years of related job experience is preferred. Must have the ability to think creatively and willingness to learn other computer programs with both MACs and PCs. Proficient computer skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) is preferred. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, with proven corporate experience/skills in PowerPoint, is required. Experience with Hubspot or other marketing automation software is a plus. Prior experience working in a Content Management System (CMS) or Digital Asset Manager (DAM) is a plus. Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adhere to timelines and turnaround work within tight schedules. Must maintain a valid driver's license and have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel domestically and internationally by plane. Overnight travel may be required.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise, and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at our corporate headquarters or other locations as needed. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour