“The bitterness of poor quality remains longafter the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” - Benjamin Franklin
When it comes to roofing, there is no statement more poignant. Roofing is a big investment for any building owner. But investing in a high quality system up front will save you from so many unnecessary headaches down the road.
What is Life-Cycle Costing?
Life-cycle costing provides realistic projections of the long-term cost of a roof system for a given period of time. It analyzes multiple roof options with different initial costs, yearly maintenance requirements and expected life cycles, helping you determine which roof system will provide the best return on investment (ROI).
This methodology can help support the recommendation that installing a high-performance roof system is more cost effective than low-cost alternatives, which end up costing more to maintain throughout the life of the roof.
- Evaluates the total cost of ownership over the required performance life span
- Looks beyond the initial cost of a roof
- Best use of taxpayer/capital dollars
- Professionally constructed, accurate, and easy to use
- Objective evaluation based on industry-specific investment rates of return
- Provides sound justification for the best course of action
- Cost per year of performance is the driving influence of roof system selection
Calculating and comparing returns on investment of alternative rooftop solutions should be your first step in choosing the right roof system for your facility. This article gives you the information you need to ask the right questions to critically analyze life-cycle performance claims.
When making capital investment decisions, it’s important to take into account the building envelope system’s total cost of ownership such as required maintenance, expected service life, energy cost savings and overall sustainability. A life-cycle cost analysis brings sound financial practice into your roof investment decision making process.MORE