The Logistics Coordinator performs in an operational, customer service, and sales support capacity. They are responsible for identifying the most efficient means of moving our customer's freight, resolving client conflict, and building valuable relationships with carriers.
Core & Essential Functions
- Manages the LTL and parcel tracking and notification process.
- Manages the freight damage corrective action plans.
- Manages and is accountable for the coordination and scheduling for all orders/transactions for the company.
- Ensures successful completion of orders by communicating with outside carriers, customers, vendors, and industry partners.
- Works closely with sales force daily to assist in creating, scheduling, and executing pending and new orders.
- Creates and maintains monthly shipment schedules.
- Prepares a variety of end of month reports related to the shipment schedules.
- Serves as point of contact for Garland by answering telephone and emails involving transportation and scheduling, and correctly dispatching the communications to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Accurately requests and assigns load numbers/releases from the customers, vendors, and carriers.
- Maintains all required data in Garland’s data management system.
- Prepares and maintains accurate dispatch schedules, including updates, when necessary.
- Continually monitors, prioritizes, and manages load schedule changes and responds in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains and manages all paperwork related to each transaction into the company’s data management system.
- Proactively identifies problems and swiftly implements the appropriate solution.
- Accurately and efficiently enters data.
- Manages frequent changes, delays, reshipments, or unexpected events.
- Reaches out to customers, vendors, partners, and carriers regarding their immediate needs.
- Maintains up-to-date detailed account information including rates, backup files, changes to account, etc.
- Reviews previous day’s transactions to ensure the transactions are complete.
- Provides the Customer Service Department with freight quotes when requested.
- Assists with other administrative responsibilities and coverage for team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a logistical/scheduling environment or bachelor’s degree in business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field preferred. Trained and well versed in lean tools and processes, Strong experience working with key Continuous Improvement tools. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills are essential. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications, ERP experience and contact management software. Ability to manage and successfully work under tight time constraints.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise, and effective manner with the vendors, sales representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at the corporate headquarters. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier, and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise, and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/construction chemicals and solvents. Corporate Headquarters located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, marital status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, citizenship, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated) or any other legally protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
If you have trouble or need assistance in completing the information, please call Jay Hebert at 800-321-9336 ext. 3614.
To access our online application system, please choose one of the following links below:
Applicants in the United States, please click here.
Applicants in Canada, please click here.
Applicants in the United Kingdom, please click here.
Approximate Completion Times:
- Application – 1 Hour